Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Amazing Gelatin!

Hey all,
Remember when I was on last time I said I would tell you all how to do that gelatin thing? Well, I didn't forget and I will share with you how it's done. First let me show you again the cake I put it on.

Well in case you are wondering...this cake is suppose to be some kind of metal "thing" with a portal enshrouded with purple flames. It didn't quite make it past the idea stage but all those "flames" are made of gelatin. Here's how you can do it. Bye the way...try a bow.

Okay. Take 2 1/2 parts of water to 1 part gelatin. Warm in microwave. Let sit 5 - 10 mins. Peel the scum off and rewarm what's left so that it liquefies. Take a paint brush (1/2 inch works well) and paint the gelatin onto a stiff textured plastic surface. As it dries it will pop off by itself. Don't touch it until it has popped off a good amount. You can color and flavor the gelatin as you heat it. When it gets to the point of popping off you can peel it off the rest of the way. From here you can cut it with scissors into whatever shape you want. Now...I got this idea from my favorite website: www.cakecentral.com . You can visit their website and search for gelatin bow. You then can see pictures of all I've listed. Have fun and check it out! 'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment regarding this post, send recipes, suggest a web page or ask a question. I will try to answer questions that come in as best as I can. Thanks for leaving a comment.